Handyman services like dismantling and installing lights, carpentry work, painting service or plumbing work often leave behind trash, dirt and dust. Cleaning up the place, whether it is your home or office, is one of the most undesirable work after the handyman completed his services. Sometimes it can be dangerous to dispose the items either they are sharp objects which may cut you or there may be poisonous liquid or gaseous which may come in contact with you. Why don’t you engage a professional cleaning company to provide office and home cleaning service? They are trained to handle post-renovation cleaning and other demanding cleaning projects. Most of them charge a reasonable fee for clearing and cleaning your place. Below are some tips which you can reduce the amount of cleaning if you decide to perform the cleaning task yourself.
Tips for DIY Cleaning
- Plan ahead and know where are the affected areas.
- Move your furniture and other objects away from the affected areas.
- Lay a layer of plastic disposable sheet so that your can just wrap it up and throw after the handyman work. This will reduce the extend of cleaning.
- If the handyman service involves liquid items like painting, you may wish to lay some newspaper which will absorb the liquid and prevent it from spreading if there is a spill.
- Get a powerful vacuum. If you don’t have one, borrow one. A powerful vacuum is very useful because it can suck up all the dirt and dust and minimize the cleaning work. If there is plumbing work, a wet vacuum will come in handy.
- Get a pair of thick glove so that you can wear and protect your hands while clearing the bulky and sharp items. You should request that the handyman help you to clear the bulky and dangerous items for you after the handyman work. Sometimes they will do it for free. Sometimes they will just charge a little. You may wish to offer the handyman some drinks and food during the process of their work in order to get them to accede to your request of clearing the bulky items.
- Always have a mask with you when cleaning so that you don’t breathe in the dust and dirt.
Hiring Cleaning Company
If you think that it is too much of a trouble cleaning, we suggest that you outsource your cleaning to a professional cleaner, just like how you outsource the repair and the installation to a handyman. There are many cleaning service providers to choose from. Get a few quotes and decide which is the one you feel most comfortable to engage.
Less Common Handyman Service
Cleaning service aside, let us introduce you to the less common handyman services which you may need: